From DMT-Nexus Wiki
How to easily make DMT
Break 1-Pound of Mimosa Hostilis rootbark into 2″ pieces and grind it all up in a glass-topped blender, a little at a time.
Premix in an empty 1-Gallon plastic jug: 1-Pint White Vinegar & 3-1/2 Quarts Water. Put the ground up Mimosa in a 3-Liter crockpot, then fill it with the water-vinegar solution.
Stir well and turn it on “high”. After 2 hours, remove the crockpot ceramic liner, hold the lid on slightly offset, and pour off most of the liquid into a 1-gallon wide-mouthed glass or stainless container.
Add the remaining water-vinegar solution to the crockpot again. Stir well and turn it on “high”. After 2 hours, remove the crockpot ceramic liner, hold the lid on slightly offset, and pour off all of the liquid into the same container again. Discard the rootbark fiber and save the two combined extractions in the 1-gallon container.
Allow the vegetable particles in the extraction in the 1-gallon container to settle to the bottom overnight. Then pour off the liquid into an empty 1-Gallon GLASS wine jug, being careful not to pour off any of the vegetable sludge at the bottom. Discard the sludge and keep the contents of the wine jug.
Premix in advance a solution of: 4 Tablespoons (50grams) of Sodium Hydroxide (“Red Devil” lye) with 1-Pint of HOT Water. Stir well. Slowly add this solution to the wine jug, then cap the jug. Gently tilt the wine jug back and forth for 1 full minute to mix the contents.
Add 300ml of (Ace Hardware)VM&P Naptha to the wine jug, then cap the jug. Gently tilt the wine jug back and forth for 3 full minutes to mix the contents. Allow the jug to sit undisturbed on a table for 3 hours.
There should now be two layers visible in the jug, a lower dark one and a smaller clear one on top. Use a glass turkey baster to suck up the top layer into a pint mason jar. Be careful not to suck up any of the lower brown/black layer into the mason jar.
place the sealed mason jar in a FREEZER for 3 days to precipitate the crystals. Prepare a filter setup by placing a funnel into a quart mason jar and putting a small coffee filter paper into the funnel.
Shake the naptha in the mason jar strongly to stir up all the crystals at the bottom and quickly pour while still very cold into the funnel for filtering.
Impure yellow-white DMT crystals will be seen on the coffee filter paper. Allow the crystals to completely dry out on the filter paper in the funnel.
Chill a bottle of NON-SOAPY clear Ammonium Hydroxide(Ace Hardware Janitorial Strength Ammonia) in a refrigerator. Slowly pour 35ml of the cold ammonia over the crystals (still in the filter paper) to wash them.
Remove the filter paper from the funnel, spread it out flat and allow the crystals to COMPLETELY dry out. You will now have 2-1/2 grams of white crystal DMT. Mix it with some parsley and smoke a little in your favorite pipe!
UPDATE! Added june 8 (2006?)
Here are some tips for improving the yield:
- Grind the rootbark up to no more than 1mm particle diameter. Less than this will result in decreased yields.
- Use three water-vinegar extractions rather than two. Divide up the water-vinegar mix so that you roughly use 50% for the first extraction, 25% for the second, and 25% for the third extraction. After the last extraction press out the fiber to squeeze the last bit of liquid from it.
- Basify to a ph of 13. If you don’t have ph papers, basify till it turns black, then add an additional 25% of whatever amount of basification solution you used. This is to guarantee that you’re at a ph of 13. The brown foam you see floating on top of the basified extract after tilting the jug should flatten out to a thickness of no more than 1/2″ after 45 minutes or so if you’ve used enough lye. Add a bit more lye and re-tilt if it’s thicker than that.
- Naptha: the freeze-precipitation technique is a double-edged sword. Very convenient and high quality, but highly dependent upon knowing the approximate amount of DMT expected to be precipitated.
If you use too much naptha, then only a little bit precipitates out. If you use too little, then it doesn’t extract it all out of solution. It is the simplest case of recrystalization. The best way using it if you aren’t very sure of the yield is to use a slight excess to extract, then evaporate it down to 10% of the original volume. THEN freeze it.
This will pretty much guarantee excellent results. For example: For a pound of rootbark use 500 milliliters of naptha to extract. Then evaporate it down to 50 milliliters. Then freeze it and filter out the crystals.
By the way, you must very quickly filter it within a minute or two after removal from the freezer so it doesn’t have any time to warm up. And your freezer can’t be marginally cold. If it doesn’t freeze ice cream HARD,then it isn’t cold enough. -20C is about where it should be.
- Washing: Be sure that the crystals are absolutely DRY before washing. An alternative to the ammonia-water wash is to use 25 milliliters of ICE COLD distilled water to wash